Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

nestling tableware

A few more photos of the Willow Bird nestling tableware. I'm having difficulties taking good photos of my work at the moment, maybe it has something to do with all the white? My previous pots have been more colourful. I think I should have made the middle bird blue too. I used Walker's PB103 Stoneware clay for this set, the casserole dishes and the teapots. We would usually use Walker's No 10 but we couldn't get any soft enough. I think this clay is slightly more off-white than the No 10 is which is annoying as I my designs needed a lot of exposed clay. Also, the matt white glaze we mixed up must have some tiny iron deposits through it as the pieces with that glaze have ugly brown spots all over them. Tis annoying! They look like bad 70's pottery. This is one of the downfalls of working in a common studio; there may only be 3 of us, but its hard to know what we'll all used and if we use and clean it properly. Maybe one day I will have my own studio :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katy, I think these nestling bowls are lovely. Personally I like the middle bird being white - it makes a good contrast when you see them stacked together, and a good selling point to try and get people to buy all three if it was a commercial venture ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!