Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

my (happy) creative space

How to make Katy happy: give her a great kiln firing. My new-and-improved yellow pigment didn't fade too much, hurrah!
The sets aren't perfectly matched; some are a teeny bit wider, some a tiny bit higher. But if they were identical in everyway they may as well not be handmade.I mixed up a new batch of cobalt glaze too and the test piece is looooovely. The colour is so rich.

I'm celebrating with mint tea and dark tim tams. There will be another couple of hundred (!) other creative people over at Lady Kootoyoo's today.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, loving the feathers those are gorgeous and that BLUE is stunning!! I wish I could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just freaking gorgeous. Hooray for good firings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I think it's amazing that you do that! They turned out so beautiful, and you're right, if they were all identical they wouldn't be hand made, and they wouldn't have half the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurray!! more feathers!! i love the plates...

    KIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plates are beautiful, I love the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! love the results. i like the not all the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work once again Katy and that cobolt glaze is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your work is fantastic! It's so nice to see a potter!! My mum is a potter too. Great space and happy creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, aren't they gorgeous! you have some lovely working going on

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful designs and colours! wonderful creativity going on here ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. the cobalt glaze looks beautiful. i love blue pottery.

    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO clever. The feathers are beautiful. They make such a lovely set and you're right, the individuality adds to it. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  13. exactly! the variation is what gives them the hand made love. the feathers are gorgeous. great colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think. that. is .brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!