Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

subversive clay | A D E L A I D E !

*ahem* Yes, yes, I know, this is 6 weeks late. 
Michaela Kloeckner and myself flew to Adelaide in late September for the 2012 Australian Ceramics Triennale. The 4 day conference was packed with key note speeches, panel discussions, workshops, demonstrations and exhibition openings. Honestly, I was overwhelmed and that is why I haven't been able to write about it until now. I could barely even make notes during the conference, my head was buzzing and I couldn't make any sense of it. 6 weeks on I can hardly begin to untangle my thoughts. 
[pre-travel lunch at Currumbin!]

[I'm ready!]

[Michaela and I were VERY excited potters at the airport]

[Good morning!]
I was inspired and intrigued by so many of the presenting artists;
[Clare Twomey]

[Gerry Wedd]

[Stephanie Outridge-Field]

[Akio Takamori]

[Vipoo Srivilasa!]
[Penny Byrne]


[I posted this last month - I now know that Fleur Schell shared it with us!]

[the very MARVELLOUS suitcase sale!]

[Ashley Fiona and I played swapsies, yay!]


[Michaela and I had a ball!]

[Adriana's brooch made a new friend, thanks to Stephanie Outridge-Field]

[A snippet from The Australia Ceramics Association 50th Anniversary Vase Show!]
There are at least half a dozen more in depth posts that I would like to write. Until then, I will note that the recurring theme throughout the conference, whether during the presentations, exhibitions or discussions was this: use your work to tell your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!