Pages

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

result.

I'm stoked with my clay and glaze tests. 
I've chosen Millennium White Stoneware from Valentine Clays. But really, the differences between that and Arctic White are tiny.
I'll buy 250kg to begin - that's 20 x 12.5kg bags! The most I've ever bought at once was 3 x 10kg bags! Buying in bulk is a whole new concept to me, but it's the only way to operate in an isolated location.

Millennium:


[alt view of above pot]


Arctic:




And of course there was the Porcelain White Stoneware...it's lovely, BUT it dried super quick and the bottoms cracked. It's also more expensive, but I will buy a couple of bags to play with.
 
[yeah I painted the fuchsia the wrong colours...oops.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!